Steel for the future. With a long tradition.
A committed entrepreneurial approach and a passion for steel production have shaped Buderus Edelstahl and made the company successful. With a company history spanning almost three centuries, Buderus Edelstahl GmbH from Wetzlar is a renowned German steel producer.
- 1731 - The company was founded by Johann Wilhelm Buderus I on 14 March 1731.
- 1836 - Johann Wilhelm Buderus II took over the management of the Friedrichshütte charcoal blast furnace plant.
- 1884 - The company became a public limited company under the name Buderus‘sche Eisenwerke AG.
- 1920 - Stahlwerke Buderus-Röchling AG was founded on 20 April 1920 and was renamed Stahlwerke Röchling Buderus in 1924.
- 1965 - The company was renamed Edelstahlwerke Buderus AG - Complete integration in the Flick group.
- 2001 - Advanced Tooling Tek (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (ATT) was established and started supplying tool steel from Edelstahlwerke Buderus in China.
- 2003 - Crude steel production reached a peak value - Robert Bosch GmbH took over the company
- 2005 - Edelstahlwerke Buderus AG was sold to Austrian company Böhler-Uddeholm AG - The company was renamed Buderus Edelstahl GmbH.
- 2007 - The Austrian company voestalpine AG took over Böhler-Uddeholm AG.
- 2016 - ATT joined the Special Steel division of voestalpine and is now a subsidiary to voestalpine High Performance Metals Pacific Pte Ltd.